I'll start with the positive. The shower was lovely, the bathroom was modern and the bed was comfy.
Now for what we will remember about our stay. The toxic smell of either cleaning product or fragrance was unbearable. It gave us both a sore throat and headache. We stayed at this place because it was close to the location that I was performing at. After travelling a very long way, we only had a short time to get ready before going to the gig. We phoned reception (because nobody was in the office), told them the situation and he proceeded to tell us we could find somewhere else. This was not an option. We turned the air-con on to diffuse it, this didn't work at all. In fact, it got worse, so we thought there was something in the aircon. We opened the aircon but were disgusted with the state of the vents. We tried to open the window, it was broken and we had to keep it open with the toilet brush. We went to my performance, and upon return, the smell was still there, not quite as bad, but we had nowhere to go at that hour. We just opened the windows.
This experience was not pleasant.
There were other maintenance issues; holes in walls, broken cupboards, broken blinds, very narrow stairs, uneven floors, loose and dangerous mats.
The Cliff House
A verified traveller stayed at The Cliff House
Posted 2 weeks ago