The cafe B&B aspect of the facility and proximity to town centre
- Forest & Heritage Centre
- 1 min walk
- Wooden Boat Centre
- 16 min drive
- Scented Rose
- 38 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1800 781 504
About this area
- Forest & Heritage Centre - 1 min walk
- Wooden Boat Centre - 16 min drive
- Scented Rose - 38 min drive
- Burtons Reserve - 39 min drive
- Lovett Gallery - 39 min drive
- Hobart, TAS (HBA-Hobart Intl.) - 70 min drive
- Onsite dining venue – Café with a bar. Serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Kids' menu available.
About this property
The Bears Went Over the Mountain
A restaurant, a coffee shop/café, and free breakfast are available at this smoke-free guesthouse. WiFi in public areas is free. All 4 rooms provide free WiFi, premium bedding, and LCD TVs. Guests will also find showers and free toiletries.
Special check-in instructions
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding. Children may not be eligible for complimentary breakfast.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
We should mention
Property is also known as
- Bears Went Over Mountain B&B Geeveston
- Bears Went Over Mountain B&B
- Bears Went Over Mountain Geeveston
- Bears Went Over Mountain
- The Bears Went Over The Mountain Geeveston, Tasmania
- Bears Went Over Mountain House Geeveston
- Bears Went Over Mountain House
- The Bears Went Over Mountain Geeveston Tasmania
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Food and Drink
- Food and drink
- Free cooked-to-order breakfast available daily 8 AM–10 AM
- 1 restaurant and 1 coffee shop/café
- Luggage storage
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Flat-screen TV
Where to eat
Quaint and Cosy
A lovely little bed and breakfast, the staff were quiet friendly and attentive. The decor and whole feel is of a mountain lodge welcoming and cosy. The little touches such as the locally made teddy bears and tiny teddies served with coffee keep true to the theme. In terms of the food we only had breakfast which was included in our stay and it was absolutely delicious especially the mushrooms and the portions were generous. The rooms themselves were in great condition, the bed comfortable and plenty of bedding for cold nights. The location about halfway up the huon valley makes it a great base to explore the surrounding towns and see all that is on offer. We absolutely loved it.