21 reasons to stay at Netanya Noosa
There are plenty of accommodation options in beautiful Noosa Heads and narrowing them down can be tricky!
I’m here to tell you from first-hand experience (it’s tough but someone has to do it!) everything you could possibly want to know about a stay at Netanya Noosa.
1. Did someone say beach front? When I say Netanya is located right on the beach, I’m not exaggerating. Pop out of your apartment, head through the property’s security gate (where the pic below was taken from) and you’re hitting the beautiful soft sand. Bliss. Bonus points too for being so close to the patrolled section so you can swim between the flags.
2. Location, location – If you’re not familiar with Noosa Heads, choosing beachfront accommodation means you’re staying on Hastings Street which is where all of the action is. Think restaurants, cafes and amazing boutiques. You’ll find yourself walking up and down countless times during your stay.
3. Pick the apartment that’s right for you – We stayed in a one bedroom apartment on the second floor with a view over the pool to the beach. The ground floor apartments seem popular with families with young kids, giving them easy access to the grass area to run around on. If you’re in a bigger group, there are two bedroom apartments, suites and penthouses too.
4. Surprise! Are there better words to find when you’re travelling than ‘Enjoy with our compliments’ – I think not. We loved opening our fridge to discover a bottle of prosecco and a box of breakfast goodies including fresh bread, sausages, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, orange juice, yoghurt and Pepe Saya butter.
5. Those views. From the comfort of your lounge, you can soak up the glorious beach outlook. Or better still, pop out onto the balcony – check out that view! – and get closer to the action. An umbrella will keep you well protected while the banana lounge is perfect for stretching out on.
6. AC it if you need to – With beautiful ocean breezes flowing through the apartment you probably won’t need air con, but it’s good to know it’s there if you do.
7. Cook up a storm – Noosa is restaurant heaven (more on that in my next point) but when I’m away for longer than a weekend, I love the chance to cook without the time pressures of home. Putting my holiday café breakfast budget towards my holiday cocktail budget is also a strong motivator ;). Netanya has a well-equipped small kitchen complete with all the bits and pieces you need. Bonus points too for the dishwasher.
8. Eat all of the things – All of the great food options of Hastings Street are no more than a five minute walk away. Which is both fabulous and dangerous! Massimo’s Gelato is literally downstairs, Locale restaurant is diagonally opposite to the left (amazing pasta and cocktails) and the famous Betty’s Burgers is diagonally opposite to the right. And then there’s $1 oysters on Thursdays between 5 and 6pm at Café Le Monde. And that’s not even scratching the surface. Bring your stretchy pants!
9. Have a few days off cleaning duties – The apartments are serviced daily by a really friendly team so you can skip making the bed 😉
10. Feel the love – Every single team member we met during our stay was great and definitely added to the relaxing holiday experience.
11. Hit up the National Park – As the last beachfront accommodation option at that end of Hastings Street, you’re as close as it gets to the epic coastal path which is useful when you’re hustling to get to the perfect spot for the super early sunrise – around 5.25am when we were there in February.
12. Block it out – Speaking of early sunrises, if getting up and at ‘em that time of day isn’t your thing, or you have kids you’d prefer to get a little more shut eye, you’ll be pleased to know there are electric shut out blinds.
13. Take a poolside dip – With the ocean as close as it was, I actually didn’t venture into the pool but it’s definitely a great option if you want to mix it up. I did however enjoy lounging poolside with my book. Towels are provided so no need to squeeze any into your luggage.
14. Soak it up – If you haven’t got your water fix in the ocean or pool, there’s also a spa bath in the spacious bathroom. Ours had blinds that allowed you to still enjoy the ocean views.
15. Beauty queen – You don’t even need to leave the property for a relaxing facial or massage with the onsite Fuss Day Spa.
16. Pick up supplies without leaving the property – The newly opened Providore on Hastings is part of the Netanya complex and has a great range of gourmet dips, cheeses, meats and more as well as a wine cellar. I’m pretty sure I visited here at least once a day 🙂 I highly recommend picking up a loaf of the Tanglewood Bakery sourdough for breakfast! The muffins and sweat treats also looked amazing. They also do meal hampers and you can get your morning coffee fix here. For bigger grocery pick-ups, Coles is a short drive or Uber ride away.
17. Be king of the BBQ – Each apartment has its own BBQ on the balcony. My hot tip if you’re there on a Sunday is to visit the Noosa Farmers Market – the marinated lamb we purchased there was perfection.
18. Be prepared to be among the action – With its location on bustling Hastings Street, this isn’t the place to stay if you want absolute tranquility. Which was perfectly fine for us but might be different for you and your Noosa holiday. Popular restaurant Sails is located right next door and on one of our nights hosted a wedding. Thankfully we quite enjoyed the couple’s taste in music!
19. Get your laundry on – You know you’re getting old when you say actually say “Awesome” out loud when you notice there’s a guest laundry on your floor. Guilty! In all seriousness though, we were super active in Noosa so the ability to throw my sweaty training gear into the wash mid-stay was super easy.
20. Secure guest parking is included – A definite win in this busy spot.
21. Stay connected and keep entertained – Complimentary wi-fi is provided and there’s also a DVD player, Foxtel channels and Bose sound system.