Valentine’s Day Gift Guide
If you want to put a huge smile on their dial, you can’t go wrong with a getaway, according to hotels expert Brett.
Even if you weren’t organised enough to have booked a hotel stay for Valentine’s Day itself, you’ll still score HUGE brownie points by having a weekend away planned for you both to look forward to.
• Luxury loving Valentine – If they’re into the finer things in life, a CBD stay could be for you. Nab a five-star hotel for bargain prices with a Secret Hotel deal and go see a show, hit the shops for some retail therapy and book a meal to remember too.
• Stressed-out Valentine – If 2013 has been go-go-go, it might be time to recharge with a breath of fresh country air. If you can’t relax in Daylesford, the spa capital of Oz just 90 minutes from Melbourne, you can’t chill out anywhere! The Gold Coast Hinterland, Blue Mountains and Freycinet in Tassie are other great choices.
• Vino-loving Valentine – There’s just something about a wine soaked weekend away! Take your pick from the Hunter Valley, Margaret River, Barossa, Yarra Valley and more, and sip reds and whites with cheese and crackers to your heart’s content!
For more hotel inspiration, get searching here.
If you want your pressie to equal quality time together, experiences expert Brittany has you covered.
• Gourmet Valentine – They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach but this could be true for many females I know too! Why not share the pressie love and book you and your special someone in for a cooking class? BBQ, Japanese, pasta, seafood, desserts… take your pick. Or if they’re not the practical type, a chocolate walking tour could be the perfect option.
• Adventurous Valentine – If you want to add a dose of adrenalin to your relationship, you can’t go past sky-diving. There’s even a special ‘Marry Me’ package if you want to *ahem* jump into the next stage of relationship. If you want something a little tamer, hit the water for a jet boat ride and make the most of the warm weather while it lasts.
• Pamper-me Valentine – For something a little more traditional that’s sure to score major brownie points, you can’t go wrong with pampering. Day-spa visits, massages and facials… take your pick. A chocolate massage for two in Sydney is a sweet choice in more ways than one!
If a more traditional tangible pressie is more your thing, gifts expert Anna has this advice.
The two most important things to remember when sending the perfect Valentine’s Day pressie are:
1. The element of surprise
2. Making the impact last
Here are a few gifts to make sure you make the right impression this Valentine’s Day:
• New Valentine – Chocolate and Champagne! The Classic and Traditional way to spoil the object of your desire!
Message suggestion: “I WANT YOU! And I will spoil your socks off if you will be my Valentine!”
• Long Term Valentine – Pop the champers – this fabulous set of Riedel Heart to Heart champagne glasses will be a great way to celebrate each other and if you live together – you can enjoy them too!
Message suggestion: “You are my Valentine! I can’t think of a better reason to celebrate! Can’t wait to pop the champers together later!”
• Distant Valentine – When you can’t be together 🙁 Possibly the most important one to get right… This vintage framed map heart will be a constant reminder of your love, awwww.
Message suggestion: “Wherever you are and wherever I am – you are forever in my heart!”