The Sydney how-to-guide
I might be a little biased having called the city home my entire life, but Sydney is a damn fine place to have an awesome weekend. Whether you’re a local too or an out-of-towner, here’s our round up of tips for an awesome time in Sydney.
1. Tick off the ultimate Sydney experience: climbing the iconic Harbour Bridge.
2. Spoil yourself with a stay at the seriously cool Ovolo Woolloomooloo. Think fun yet stylish design, a swanky location and bonuses like happy hour and a free mini-bar. Read our review here.
3. Do the Bondi to Bronte walk. It might be cliché but it’s popular for a reason.
4. Or if getting in the water is more your scene, take a learn to surf lesson on iconic Bondi Beach.
5. Check out an exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art.
6. Then have a harbor view lunch at Graze MCA.
7. Go sailing on Sydney Harbour.
8. Or for a cheaper option, catch a ferry. Our pick for tourists and locals alike: the Circular Quay to Manly for fish and chips by the veach.
10. Check out the food scene in the so-hot-right-now suburb of Chippendale, on the city fringe, and if you fancy a hotel stay, our very own Lauren gives The Old Clare Hotel a big tick of approval.
11. Get your MasterChef on with a cooking class at the Sydney Seafood School with a celeb chef to teach you the tricks of the trade.
12. If you prefer the cooking done for you, Sydney is a city made for long lunching. Catch our top 10 here including Chiswick, Bondi Icebergs and the Apollo.
13. Whatever the season, Sydney is a city that loves its sport. Soak up the atmosphere at the cricket, soccer, NRL, AFL, netball, tennis and more! Sports lovers will love the Guided tour of ANZ Stadium, home the 2000 Olympics and NRL grand final.
14. Go for a stroll around the city’s newest development, Barangaroo. Our very own Darren gives new Turkish restaurant Anason his tick of approval.
15. Have a drink at Opera Bar, you can’t beat the view.
16. The city’s small bar scene is a must too. We love Palmer and Co, Eau De Vie, Papa Gedes and the aptly named, Small Bar.
17. Get up close to the animals at Taronga Zoo and soak up the city view.