Learn about aircraft types and distance by airline for flights from Sydney (Kingsford Smith) Airport to Los Angeles International Airport.
Origin Sydney (Kingsford Smith) Airport (SYD)
Destination Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
Distance 12,059.61 kilometers
Interesting Facts About Flights from Sydney to Los Angeles (SYD to LAX)
- Way back in 2009, 440,676 passengers flew from Sydney to Los Angeles. Today, this number has significantly increased.
- On this route in 2009, Qantas Airways operated flights from SYD to LAX using 2 types of aircraft.
- Back in 2009 there were 4 airlines operating between Sydney and Los Angeles.
- In 2009, the following group of quality airline carriers offer flights from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles, CA: Qantas Airways, UNITED, V Australia, Delta Airlines.
- The most recently built aircraft flying from SYD to LAX in 2009 was AirbusNdustrie's A380 flown by Qantas Airways. The A380 took flight for the first time in 2008.
(Source: FAA & BTS 2009 Databases)