What are the cheapest flights for Sydney (SYD) to Wellington (WLG)?
When booking travel, keep in mind that the cheapest days to book your flight from SYD to WLG fall between Tuesdays and Thursdays. Weekend (Friday- Sunday) flights tend to be the more expensive option, however LastMinute.com.au provides our users with the most affordable routes to Wellington with flexible departure dates and times. If you do have flexibility with your schedule, look for weekday flights first.
Above we have provided a huge range of cheap flight options and airlines for you to choose from, but we get that sometimes it can be hard to narrow down that list. That’s why we’ve provided you with the top three airlines that currently offer the cheapest flights from SYD to WLG:
- Air New Zealand has a flight on 22/2 leaving at 7:35 am and returning on 24/2 at 9:20 pm for only AU$ 355* per person.
- Virgin Australia has a flight on 25/2 leaving at 10:30 pm and returning on 28/2 at 9:45 pm for only AU$ 395* per person.
- Qantas Airways has a flight on 5/3 leaving at 7:30 am and returning on 7/3 at 9:30 pm for only AU$ 495* per person.
*Prices vary and will be updated when you view current flight availability results. Deals displayed here are based on flight pricing and availability as of 01/23/2019 and may change as you get closer to the actual flight date. Deals displayed whose dates are in the past are no longer valid.
What airlines fly from Sydney (SYD) to Wellington (WLG)?
Picking the right airline makes ALL the difference when planning an awesome trip, and picking an airline with proven experience flying from Sydney to Wellington can help guarantee a safe and easy flight. We've listed the top airlines frequently flying to Wellington multiple times per month:
- Qantas (QF) - 529 flights from Sydney to Wellington every month.
- Air New Zealand (NZ) - 449 flights from Sydney to Wellington every month.
- Emirates Airline (EK) - 244 flights from Sydney to Wellington every month.
- Singapore Airlines (SQ) - 189 flights from Sydney to Wellington every month.
What information will I need to provide in order to check-in for my international flight from SYD to WLG?
International flights tend to require arrival to SYD earlier than if you were flying domestically. For an international flight like SYD to WLG, you would want to arrive roughly three hours before your departure time. In fact, the earlier the better. International flights require further documentation then domestic routes. Although most airlines require the same documentations for boarding, policies do change from airline to airline. Contact the airline before arriving at the airport with any questions or concerns you may have about policies.
How long is the flight from Sydney (SYD) - Wellington (WLG)?
Flight times are dependent on whether the flight is direct or multi-leg, weather, traffic (even in the sky!), and stacks of other factors. The shortest flight time for a flight from Sydney (SYD) to Wellington (WLG) ranges from 3 hours 15 minutes to 3 hours 20 minutes. The average flight time to your destination is 3 hours 16 minutes.
How many flights are flown between SYD and WLG?
There are 11 airlines flying from SYD to WLG, with approximately 426 flights per week.