What are the cheapest flights for Sydney (SYD) to Auckland (AKL)?
When booking travel, keep in mind that the cheapest days to book your flight from SYD to AKL fall between Tuesdays and Thursdays. Weekend (Friday- Sunday) flights tend to be the more expensive option, however LastMinute.com.au provides our users with the most affordable routes to Auckland with flexible departure dates and times. If you do have flexibility with your schedule, look for weekday flights first.
Above we have provided a huge range of cheap flight options and airlines for you to choose from, but we get that sometimes it can be hard to narrow down that list. That’s why we’ve provided you with the top three airlines that currently offer the cheapest flights from SYD to AKL:
- Air New Zealand has a flight on 15/3 leaving at 4:50 am and returning on 18/3 at 10:15 am for only AU$ 376* per person.
- LATAM Airlines Group has a flight on 1/3 leaving at 12:10 am and returning on 3/3 at 10:15 pm for only AU$ 385* per person.
- Virgin Australia has a flight on 5/3 leaving at 4:45 am and returning on 8/3 at 3:55 am for only AU$ 395* per person.
*Prices vary and will be updated when you view current flight availability results. Deals displayed here are based on flight pricing and availability as of 01/23/2019 and may change as you get closer to the actual flight date. Deals displayed whose dates are in the past are no longer valid.
What airlines fly from Sydney (SYD) to Auckland (AKL)?
Picking the right airline makes ALL the difference when planning an awesome trip, and picking an airline with proven experience flying from Sydney to Auckland can help guarantee a safe and easy flight. We've listed the top airlines frequently flying to Auckland multiple times per month:
- Qantas (QF) - 647 flights from Sydney to Auckland every month.
- Air New Zealand (NZ) - 382 flights from Sydney to Auckland every month.
- Emirates Airline (EK) - 365 flights from Sydney to Auckland every month.
- Singapore Airlines (SQ) - 290 flights from Sydney to Auckland every month.
What information will I need to provide in order to check-in for my international flight from SYD to AKL?
International flights tend to require arrival to SYD earlier than if you were flying domestically. For an international flight like SYD to AKL, you would want to arrive roughly three hours before your departure time. In fact, the earlier the better. International flights require further documentation then domestic routes. Although most airlines require the same documentations for boarding, policies do change from airline to airline. Contact the airline before arriving at the airport with any questions or concerns you may have about policies.
How long is the flight from Sydney (SYD) - Auckland (AKL)?
Flight times are dependent on whether the flight is direct or multi-leg, weather, traffic (even in the sky!), and stacks of other factors. The shortest flight time for a flight from Sydney (SYD) to Auckland (AKL) ranges from 3 hours 4 minutes to 3 hours 10 minutes. The average flight time to your destination is 3 hours 8 minutes.
How many flights are flown between SYD and AKL?
There are 14 airlines flying from SYD to AKL, with approximately 581 flights per week.