What are the cheapest flights for Melbourne (MEL) to Tokyo (NRT)?
When booking travel, keep in mind that the cheapest days to book your flight from MEL to NRT fall between Tuesdays and Thursdays. Weekend (Friday- Sunday) flights tend to be the more expensive option, however LastMinute.com.au provides our users with the most affordable routes to Tokyo with flexible departure dates and times. If you do have flexibility with your schedule, look for weekday flights first.
Above we have provided a huge range of cheap flight options and airlines for you to choose from, but we get that sometimes it can be hard to narrow down that list. That’s why we’ve provided you with the top three airlines that currently offer the cheapest flights from MEL to NRT:
- Qantas Airways has a flight on 10/5 leaving at 8:00 pm and returning on 13/5 at 9:45 pm for only AU AU$ 907* per person.
- Hong Kong Airlines has a flight on 8/5 leaving at 12:00 am and returning on 10/5 at 9:20 pm for only AU AU$ 931* per person.
- Vietnam Airlines has a flight on 8/5 leaving at 12:35 am and returning on 10/5 at 10:35 pm for only AU AU$ 987* per person.
*Prices vary and will be updated when you view current flight availability results. Deals displayed here are based on flight pricing and availability as of 04/19/2018 and may change as you get closer to the actual flight date. Deals displayed whose dates are in the past are no longer valid.
What airlines fly from Melbourne (MEL) to Tokyo (NRT)?
Picking the right airline makes ALL the difference when planning an awesome trip, and picking an airline with proven experience flying from Melbourne to Tokyo can help guarantee a safe and easy flight. We've listed the top airlines frequently flying to Tokyo multiple times per month:
- Qantas (QF) - 252 flights from Melbourne to Tokyo every month.
- Jetstar Airways (JQ) - 97 flights from Melbourne to Tokyo every month.
- Cathay Pacific (CX) - 46 flights from Melbourne to Tokyo every month.
- Bangkok Airways (PG) - 34 flights from Melbourne to Tokyo every month.
What information will I need to provide in order to check-in for my international flight from MEL to NRT?
International flights tend to require arrival to MEL earlier than if you were flying domestically. For an international flight like MEL to NRT, you would want to arrive roughly three hours before your departure time. In fact, the earlier the better. International flights require further documentation then domestic routes. Although most airlines require the same documentations for boarding, policies do change from airline to airline. Contact the airline before arriving at the airport with any questions or concerns you may have about policies.
How long is the flight from Melbourne (MEL) - Tokyo (NRT)?
Flight times are dependent on whether the flight is direct or multi-leg, weather, traffic (even in the sky!), and stacks of other factors. The shortest flight time for a flight from Melbourne (MEL) to Tokyo (NRT) ranges from 9 hours 50 minutes to 10 hours 25 minutes. The average flight time to your destination is 10 hours 9 minutes.
How many flights are flown between MEL and NRT?
There are 12 airlines flying from MEL to NRT, with approximately 146 flights per week.