We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time. Any material changes to this policy will be posted prior to their implementation. If you do not agree with this policy please do not continue to use the site. You will be deemed to have consented to any changes to the policy when you use the site after the effective date of change.
Information we collect
The PII we collect from or about you will depend on our relationship with you, the reason for its collection and the services we are providing to you.
We collect PII when you:
• make a booking: We collect your full name, email address, phone number and guest/traveller details each time you make a booking with Lastminute.com.au. We will also collect credit card information, including card number, card type, security number, cardholder name, expiry date and issuing bank and country to pay for services purchased through lastminute.com.au. For flight bookings we may also collect frequent traveler numbers, seating preferences, passport information and other relevant information as required by the airline.
• subscribe to receive our promotional material: We collect email addresses, mobile phone numbers, names, city of residence and communications preferences from people who elect to subscribe to the lastminute.com.au newsletter and to receive promotional offers.
• participate in surveys, promotions and competitions: We may collect PII when you participate in a survey, promotion or competition either conducted by us (or on our behalf) or as a prize supplier of the promotion/competition.
• are involved in a card payment dispute: If a card payment occurring on our site is disputed or fraud is detected, we may request from the supplier of the booked service a copy of the photo ID and other check-in details provided to them. This information may be used by us in connection with the dispute.
• contact lastminute.com.au: We collect PII such as your full name, email address and/or telephone number and feedback whenever you submit an enquiry or suggestion, provide feedback or comments or request assistance with a booking.
• make a reservation for a third party: When you make a reservation for someone else through this website, we will request PII about that person. You should obtain the consent of the other person prior to providing us with their PII and provide that individual access to this policy. Any access to view or change the information of your travel companion(s) will be available through your booking.
• deal with third parties: We may also from time to time obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliates, related companies, business partners and other independent third party sources and add it to our account information.
Other information we collect:
• Non-PII: We may collect non-PII including your IP address and search preferences to help customise your user experience and provide you with offers tailored to your interests.
• Statistical information: When you visit our site, we record general information about your visit for statistical purposes. These statistics do not contain any PII.
• Mobile: If you are using the mobile website on your mobile device we may collect data that identifies your mobile device. This site collects and processes your details in the same way as the website.
We and our trusted third party service providers may, from time to time, use “cookies” to store your preferences, record session information and collect non-PII on how you visit and access our web pages and newsletters. If you subscribe to receive promotional material from us we may link the information stored in cookies to your PII. This information allows us to continually improve our services, to provide you with a better overall experience and to communicate offers to you tailored to your interests.
Cookies are small files stored on your computer which allow us to recognise you when you return to our site. As well as allowing our booking process to remember which products you have selected, and to move through the various screens of the booking process.
We also use third party cookies to show you lastminute.com.au advertisements on other websites (remarketing). Our advertisements on other websites may be based on destinations and products you have searched for or viewed on lastminute.com.au.
Most Internet browsers will be set to automatically accept cookies when installed. Cookies can be deleted from your computer at any time (see your internet browser’s help menu for more information).
It is possible to view all lastminute.com.au material without having cookies enabled, however it is not possible to purchase without accepting these cookies.
How we use your information
We use your PII only for the primary purpose of providing our services and communicating with you in relation to bookings and deals. By providing your PII to us, or otherwise allowing your PII to be collected, you consent to us using this PII for the primary purpose for which it was collected and for the following related purposes:
• Purchase of Lastminute.com.au services: Information collected when you purchase from us is used to charge your credit card and deliver your booking confirmation electronically. We may contact you about your booking with related offers from us or our partners we think may be of interest to you. We may also contact you about your stay for customer service and feedback purposes, or to make any changes or cancellations to your booking.
• Promotional offers: We will use your PII to communicate with you about products and promotional offers that may be of interest to you. We may communicate with you through emails, newsletters, SMS, push notifications and telephone calls. We will only send our newsletter and other promotional offers to you if you have opted into receiving them. We use the individual preferences provided to us by newsletter subscribers and their interactions within our newsletters and site to tailor the relevance of our newsletter content. Our newsletters may contain paid advertising material.
• Offers tailored to your interests: Based on the information you share with us, individualised offers may be shown to you on our website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media platforms.
• Advertising: From time to time anonymous usage statistics are used by our third party advertising providers including to serve more relevant advertisements. Your PII is never shared with these parties.
• Respond to your questions or suggestions: We will use your email address and/or telephone number to contact you when you submit a question or suggestion.
• General communications: We may use your PII to communicate with you in general.
• Market research: We may ask you to participate in market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer to you.
• Illegal activity: We may use PII for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal activities.
• Improving and promoting our services: We use PII and non-PII for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to promote our offers to other customers, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of your customer experience.
Who we share your information with
We do not disclose any PII except in the following circumstances:
• Accommodation and airline suppliers: We provide the guest/passenger name, telephone number and email address for each booking made to the relevant supplier or its representatives to fulfil your booking. For flights bookings we may also provide to the airline other relevant information collected from you. Our suppliers require this information for the booking and may use it if they need to contact you about the booking. Although we offer accommodation and flights from reputable suppliers, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any supplier whose services you book on our website.
• Third party service providers: We may share your PII with third parties we appoint to perform services on our behalf. For example, we use a technology platform provider to facilitate marketing campaigns controlled and managed by us. Our service providers are not permitted to use or share your PII for any purpose other than the purpose for which they are appointed.
• Legal obligations: We may be required by law to disclose your PII or to service providers where we are investigating a serious complaint or potential illegal acts.
• Lastminute.com.au related companies: We may share your PII with our parent company and related companies. This sharing enables us to provide you with information about products and services both travel related and other which may be of interest to you. They will comply with all applicable laws in their handling of your PII and will include an unsubscribe facility in any electronic messages sent to you.
Other than as set out above you will be notified when PII about you will be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity not to have us share such information.
Disclosure of your information overseas
Your PII may be transferred to, stored and processed overseas where those third parties with whom we share it, as described in this policy, are located. Due to the nature of the travel services offered to you many of the service providers that we deal with are located overseas. For example, if you have made a booking for a flight provided by an overseas travel provider we will need to disclose your PII to them to confirm that booking. As a consequence, it is not practicable to list the location of every service provider with whom we deal. We do, however, engage a third party technology platform provider based in the United States to facilitate our marketing campaigns controlled and managed by us.
The recipient of your PII may be located in a country that might not provide an equivalent level of data protection. While we do take steps to help ensure that your PII is protected we cannot be accountable for how these recipients handle your PII. By using this website and providing your PII to us, you consent to your PII being transferred to these overseas recipients. If you have any concerns regarding the transfer of your PII overseas please contact us using the details provided below.
How you control and access your information
Subject to any exceptions provided by law, you are able to access any PII we hold about you. If we refuse your access request we will provide you with our reasons for doing so. Here's how you can control and have access to your information:
• Newsletter and promotional material: If at any time you would like to either change your email address with us, update your newsletter preferences or unsubscribe from our newsletter you can:
1. click on the unsubscribe link located in the footer of the email or via the Newsletter section of this site; or
2. contact us, using the details set out below. advising that you would like to unsubscribe, change your preferences or change your email address. Be sure to include details of your old and new email addresses for changes.
If you no do not wish to receive promotional offers, participate in market research or receive other types of communication from us please contact us.
• Booking information: If at any time you would like to alter the PII you provided us in your booking, please contact us.
• General: Where any PII we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date or relevant you may contact us to correct that PII and we will respond to your request in a reasonable time period.
How we protect your information
To ensure the confidentiality of your PII, we use leading security technology and procedures that are regularly reviewed and updated. We will never ask you to send us credit card information by email and we never store any “cvv” credit card security numbers.
We have obtained a digital certificate from Thawte Server CA, an industry leader in the protection and management of data transmission.
Our systems are configured with industry standard data encryption and firewall technology. When you send PII to us over the Internet, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
If you are concerned about how we handle your PII please contact us by using the details below. We will respond to you within a reasonable time period.
If you have any questions regarding how we handle your PII please send your questions by email to email@example.com or send via postal mail to: lastminute.com.au Pty Ltd, Attention: Privacy Officer, 7 Baroona Rd, Milton, Qld, 4064, Australia.