5 Egret Street , Langebaan , Western Cape , South Africa View hotel location on the map
Overlooking the tranquil Langebaan lagoon, The Farmhouse Hotel is an experience to be savoured. Celebrated for our pleasant staff and West Coast warmth, The Farmhouse offers guests an authentic coastal farmstead encounter. Alluring to nature lovers, Langebaan offers vivid shows of spring flowers, birdlife and an untamed coastline. Explore the lagoon, hike the neighbouring Nature Reserve or simply relax and enjoy the sunset. The kitchen bakes fresh bread and other produce daily for the popular restaurant, that serves up hearty meals infused with West Coast culture.
Our guest suites, some with their own fireplace and sweeping views of the lagoon, lead to a private poolside garden and our Traveller’s Rooms are perfect for kitesurfers and keen traveller’s looking for more affordable accommodation. The Farmstead is a spacious room with sweeping views, The Loft offers a birds eye view from its open plan refuge, and the separate dual level Cottage is perfect for family getaways.
The Farmhouse Restaurant serves traditional Cape cuisine with a variety of seafood complemented by an award winning wine list. Food is robust and hearty, filled with the spirit of the West Coast.
The Farmhouse Hotel is an unpretentious and welcoming escape for travellers and families who appreciate the warmth of farm style hospitality.
Check in from: 2:00 pm
Check out by: 11:00 am
The atmospheric private function room is available for use as a wedding venue, conference facility and private functions. The main function room can accommodate around 60 people and if a larger capacity is required, the venue can be opened up further to include the main dining room, allowing 100 guests or delegates altogether.
Arriving from Cape Town
- From central Cape Town city centre, take N1 highway North (direction Paarl).
- Exit left onto the R27 (Paarden Eiland turnoff).
- Continue north on the R27, direction Velddrif (The R27 becomes the West Coast Road) for approximately 120km.
- On this stretch of road you will pass the Yzerfontein and Darling intersection as well as the entrance to the West Coast National Park.
- Continue for a further 15 minutes until you see the West Coast 1-Stop (Engen Petrol Station) and the signs for the town of Langebaan. At this intersection you must turn left off the R27. Continue for 10km whereupon you will enter the town (in Oostewal Road).
- Once in town, continue straight along Oostewal road (for approx 4 kms), following the signboards for The Farmhouse Hotel.
- Turn left into Sunbird Road and then immediately right into Egret Street.
- The Farmhouse Hotel is the first building on the right.