The Taj Cape Town welcomes guests to the vibrant heart of one of the world's most scenic and desirable cities, Cape Town.
The Taj Cape Town is a combination of rich history and elegant contemporary architecture. Originally home to the South African Reserve Bank and Temple Chambers, later the Board of Executors BOE), it successfully combines the heritage of the old with the luxury of the new.
This five-star hotel is ideally located in the centre of historic Cape Town at the entrance to the famous pedestrian precinct, St George's Mall. Its prime site ensures that the Taj Cape Town is perfectly situated for those looking to discover authentic Cape Town; and its blend of fascinating history, exotic culture, soulful art, lively entertainment and delectable cuisine.
The historic structure of the Taj Cape Town is home to the Heritage Rooms and Suites, Tower Rooms and Suites, The Presidential Suite and the Taj Club. These 177 exquisite rooms offer guests old-world quality complemented by modern features and luxury amenities.
The Taj Cape Town presents an eclectic variety of cuisine and culinary experiences including an Indian specialty restaurant, a relaxed all-day dining restaurant and a champagne and oyster bar. The magnificent banqueting and meeting rooms combine the elegance of a bygone era with state-of-the-art technology. In addition the hotel offers a full Jiva Grande Spa and a fitness centre.
The Taj Cape Town is perfectly placed to impart an exceptional and unforgettable Mother City experience.
Check in from: 2:00 pm
Check out by: 12:00 noon
The Taj’s business facilities and banqueting rooms are located in the Heritage Wing and consist of a range of well-proportioned and equipped spaces. These are able to host a variety of meetings, conferences and events. The meeting facilities are complemented by a fully outfitted business centre. Our meetings and conference facilities include: • Large sash windows with streams of natural light • Spectacular views of the Company Gardens, Houses of Parliament and St Georges Cathedral • Fully serviced business and communication centre • 7 Break-away meeting rooms, accommodating from 10 – 90 delegates • Concealed automatic drop down data projector and screen • Audio visual (AV) Control Panel in every room • Piped music speakers with 3 audio channels for background music • Independent plug and play, compatible with DVD and CD player, iPod, Laptop and audio source • ISDN line suitable for HD video conferencing • Plug in data connection with high speed internet • WIFI internet access. Big screen TV interface. Wireless Printing
Directions to Taj Cape Town from Cape Town International Airport
– When departing Cape Town International Airport, proceed on the N2 Freeway towards Cape Town city centre.
– Continue for approximately 15km and with Table Mountain approaching in front of you, remain in the N2 Freeway lane heading towards Cape Town City Centre and V&A Waterfront.
– Continue on Eastern Boulevard in the right hand lane heading towards the City. Follow the signs towards the Waterfront and Convention Centre (CTICC).
– As you come to the end of the Freeway you will arrive at a major intersection and set of traffic lights. The Westin Grand Hotel and CTICC is on your left, and the entrance to the V&A Waterfront on your right.
– At the traffic lights, continue straight up Buitengracht Street towards Table Mountain and at the 5th set of traffic lights, turn LEFT into WALE STREET.
– Continue down WALE STREET and the Taj Cape Town is located at the bottom end adjacent to St. Georges Mall and directly opposite St. Georges Cathedral.
For Guests arriving via their own vehicle – Secured covered parking is available in Mandela Rhodes Place in BURG STREET, accessible off WALE STREET just before the Taj Cape Town. Clear signage for Interpark Parking Garage.
– Guests parking in Mandela Rhodes Place may proceed via lobby and enter the Taj Cape Town through our pedestrian entrance on St. Georges Mall.
GPS Coordinates 33degrees 55 min 23.7secs South 18degrees 25 min 3.04secs East
Valet Parking - complimentary parking for all in-house guest