4 Alexander Road , Cape Town , Western Cape 8001 , South Africa View hotel location on the map
The Protea Hotel President offers exclusivity on Cape Town’s beachfront! With Table Mountain and Lion’s head as backdrop and the Atlantic ocean stretched out in front of it, the Hotel’s location provides for easy access to all of Cape Town’s major tourist attractions including the V&A Waterfront, Table Mountain and the amazing beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay.
The Hotel consists of 349 rooms and apartments, tastefully decorated to make the most of the magnificent views. Rooms and apartments offer semi-self-catering facilities and the apartments offer the additional space of an open plan lounge and dining area.
The Protea Hotel President features a magnificent pool and terrace area for lounging about and light meals. The Islands Restaurant offers a full breakfast buffet daily and a la carte lunch and dinner options complimented with themed seasonal buffets. 24 hour room service and a ladies bar ensure that all GUESTS enjoy a full service experience.
Protea Hotel President is proud to announce the dates for the next phase of our bedroom refurbishments:
The hotel will be undergoing the 4th phase of our rooms refurbishment begining 10th May 2013 and is happy to announce that by the end of September 2013 we will have 5 newly refurbished floors, and we look forward to completing the refurbishment in 2014!
Check in from: 2:00 pm
Check out by: 11:00 am
Conference-goers can expect a relaxed environment with no interruptions and enjoy their tea and coffee breaks out on the pool deck overlooking Cape Town's famous Atlantic ocean. At the Protea Hotel President we pride ourselves in hosting lavish banquets, successful conferences, major exhibitions and much more. With the banqueting office on the doorstep of the conference room, the banqueting STAFF are always friendly, efficient and readily available at your command.
The easiest way to get to the Protea Hotel President is either by car or taxi.
Directions from Cape Town International Airport
- Take the N2 and follow the signs into Cape Town
- When the highway forks, take the right fork which leads onto the Eastern Boulevard
- When you get to the intersection at the end of the highway (at the Waterfront), you will see the Cape Town Convention Centre (CTICC) on your left
- Cross over those traffic lights and at the next set of traffic lights, turn right
- Go straight, following the signs to Sea Point / Camps Bay until you get to a large traffic circle
- Cross over the circle and carry on straight, past the Cape Town Stadium (Formally known as Green Point Stadium) and Virgin Active Gym & Tennis Club (all on the right hand side).
- At the next set of traffic lights, go straight and you will enter into Beach Road
- Carry right along Beach Road for approximately 3km until you get to a smaller traffic circle
- Turn left into Queens Road at the circle and then take the first road right into Alexander Road
- The Protea Hotels President is the 2nd hotel on your left.
The Protea Hotel President offers over 200 parking bays, ample space for busses to turn around, friendly porters to greet & assist you with your luggage, a security controlled entrance and 24 hour surveillance.
Parking is charged at R40.00 per night, and can be billed directly onto your room account.