Portia Shabangu Road , Skukuza , Mpumalanga 1350 , South Africa
From the time that you are welcomed to the Protea Hotel Kruger Gate, you will know that you're about to experience something different. It's the impression of being in a tree house, reinforced when you notice that the walk-way to your air-conditioned room is at a level normally the sole domain of the variety of birds found in the area. One of the most memorable moments of your visit will be dining under the stars in the open air Lapa Restaurant, sampling true African cuisine including game and bubbling potjies of fragrant delicacies.
Situated only 100 metres from the Paul Kruger Gate of the Kruger National Park, Protea Hotel Kruger Gate provides GUESTS with the ideal location from which to experience wildlife first-hand. Each of the comfortably appointed 96 luxury en-suite bedrooms and 7 six-sleeper fully equipped self-catering units will make you feel part of the bush environment.
Game trails are offered within the hotel’s Private Reserve, along with open vehicle safaris through the Kruger National Park. For young and old alike, facilities include miniature golf, swimming pool, floodlit tennis court, volleyball and children’s playground. Indulge in a relaxing treatment at Dee’s African Spa, overlooking the Sabie river. Experience the true chorus of Africa – the grunt of a hippo, the bark of a baboon or the laugh of a hyena, while relaxing at the viewing deck overlooking the African paradise that is the Kruger National Park.
Check in from: 2:00 pm
Check out by: 10:00 am
Wireless internet is available in the lobby, as well as the conference rooms. Superb conference and banqueting facilities are on hand, with a choice of three rooms seating up to 255 delegates at this luxurious hotel. A breakaway venue, situated on the banks of the Sabie River, offers a totally unique conference venue. The exhibition centre can seat up to 220 people. Each venue is fitted with state-of-the-art equipment, top quality PA systems and excellent lighting.
Directions from KMIA (Kruger Mpumulanga International Airport)
1. At the airport exit, turn right and follow that road.
2. At the first stop street, turn left, and continue on that road until you reach the R40 leading to White River.
3. Follow R40 to White River and then on to Hazyview
4. At Hazyview, turn right at the second 4-way stop, into Portia Shabangu Road (Paul Kruger Road)
5. Follow the road for 43km; the Protea Hotel Kruger Gate will be on the left hand side, and Kruger Gate entrance directly in front.
Directions from Johannesburg:
1. Take the N4 from JHB to Nelspruit.
2. From Nelspruit follow the R40 through Whiteriver to Hazyview.
3. At Hazyview, turn right at the second 4-way stop, into Portia Shabangu Road (Paul Kruger Road)
4. Follow the road for 43km; the Protea Hotel Kruger Gate will be on the left hand side, and the Kruger Gate entrance directly in front.
5. Johannesburg to Protea Hotel Kruger Gate, 4 – 5 hours by car / 5 – 6 hours by coach
BE CAUTIOUS OF DOMESTIC STOCK AND WILD ANIMALS ON THE ROAD
Complimentary parking is available within the hotel premises.