Strydomblock Road , Hectorspruit , Mpumalanga 1330 , South Africa View hotel location on the map
Manyatta Rock Camp’s accommodation is very unique and combines extremely creative architecture with its simplistic elevated rock environment.
Looking like giant rocks our unique dome shaped bedrooms are scattered across the rock outcrop with fabulous views out across the bush from the private wooden deck of each unit. Manyatta has been skilfully designed to blend in with the surrounding natural environment and to ensure that all rooms offer a private wooden deck for bright mornings and lazy afternoons overlooking the African bush. An outside shower and chairs on the deck make the decks very popular with guests.
Manyatta Rock camp accommodation is sold including dinner, bed and breakfast. Lunch, safaris and all activities are extra and can either be pre booked or booked on site.
Subtle lighting around the camp and footpaths connect all rooms to the swimming pool, boma, dining deck, bar, day Spa and viewing lounge deck. All 27 rooms are comfortable yet tastefully furnished and infused with elegant African touches. Simplicity in the bush! The bedrooms are air-conditioned with two twin beds which can be made up as a queen size bed. Included is a mini fridge (which can be stocked as a bar upon request). The en-suite bathroom has dual his and hers basins and bath.
Six of the accommodation units also feature a separate living room complete with sofa bed. These units are well suited to families with older children. Maximum room occupancy in these units is 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
The beautifully appointed Honeymoon Suite features a large four poster bed, private deck and shower and is ideally located for maximum privacy.
Comfortable and elegant without being fussy, Manyatta is praised for its relaxed charm, unique bedroom design and stunning hilltop location.
Please do not walk around unattended at night for your own safety. A ranger is always on standby to assist you to your room with his torch at night. Should a ranger for some reason not be available please ask at reception so that you can be assisted.
The Manyatta Rock camps consists of:
• 27 units accommodation units including twin en suite rooms. Each equipped with air conditioners, mini bar fridges (stocked on request only), private look out decks and outdoor open air showers. Bathrooms are simplistic, yet beautifully decorated in an African theme with double basins, baths and toilets.
• A central restaurant and lounge area which offers superb views of the reserve below.
• Reception, safari desk area
• Curio shop
• Central restaurant toilet with a view
• Guest arrival area
• Boma area and bar between the rocks
• Rustic Day Spa
• 6 of the 27 units are suitable for families as listed above
Check in from: 2:00 pm
Check out by: 11:00 am
Internet access point
Driving from Johannesburg
* Take the M12 which becomes the N4 towards Maputo through the town of Nelspruit.
* From Nelspruit drive towards Malelane/Komatipoort (N4)
* You will drive through the Nkomazi Tollgate which is approx 50km from Nelspruit and then to the town of Malelane.
* Drive east on the N4 from Malelane.
* 1km before the town of Hectorspruit take the second turning right onto the R570 towards Jeppes Reef, signposted Kwa Madwala/Low Hills and Inkuba Game Farm.
* Continue for 4.5km till you see a sign for Kwa Madwala and Strydomblok Road on your left
* Turn left and continue for a further 4.5km until you see the Kwa Madwala turnoff on your left clearly visible by the lion’s head logo.
* After 300m you will arrive at the security entrance gate to the Reserve.
* There you will need to pay the conservation fee of R100-00 per vehicle and will be given a map.
* Buses will then drive a further 1.5km of dirt road to the central buses/coaches parking area.
* Private vehicles travel 5km on a dirt road to the guest parking area.
Off street parking free of charge.