Strydom Block Road , Hectorspruit , Mpumalanga 1330 , South Africa View hotel location on the map
Kingfisher is a private, exclusive 3 star bush camp, offering a clean tranquil environment, combining basics in the bush with a magnificent setting overlooking a waterhole where animals frequently come to drink.
This little gem is one of Kwa Madwala’s best kept secrets. With the exception of your ranger assigned to you for your safety, and the housekeeping lady you will be left in total peace and not see many staff in this camp. The sounds of the bush and a serene piece of nature all around you will be the experience at Kingfisher.
Your ranger will assist you with any of the activities you may want to take part in and your transport requirements to and from the central dining deck area of the Manyatta Rock Camp should you require. A unique feature of this camp is that you can arrange to have a boma fire outside your unit after dinner.
The camp is ideal for families, small groups and parties travelling together and is sold on a per person per bed only basis. Meals can be incorporated as an extra in the event of fully catered options.
Clients are requested to check in at the reception area of the Manyatta Rock Camp after which they will be escorted to the Kingfisher Bush Camp. Self-drives will be required to leave their vehicles at the guest parking area at the Manyatta Rock Camp after which they will be escorted to the Kingfisher Bush Camp.
Kingfisher Bush camp is fully equipped for self-catering.
Only two individual units are available at Kingfisher.
The first unit consists of two framed chalets decorated in a simplistic natural style. Each A framed chalet is fully equipped with power fans, twin beds and an extra two beds in the event of a 3rd and 4th adult sharing or kids. The unit sleeps a total of eight people. A central bathroom fully equipped with bath, toilet, double basins and shower is available to the unit. An outside lounge area is available in which guests can sit, read a book or just relax.
The second unit consists of two A framed chalets decorated in a simplistic natural style. Each A framed chalet is fully equipped with power fans, twin beds and an extra two beds in the event of a 3rd and 4th adult sharing or kids. The unit sleeps a total of eight people. A central bathroom fully equipped with bath, toilet, double basins and shower is available to the unit. An outside boma area is available in which guests can sit around a fire, read a book or just relax.
Guests visiting Kingfisher Bush Camp can either self-cater or have their meals at the Manyatta Rock Camp central dining areas. Your ranger will ensure that you get to and from the restaurant at times suitable to your convenience in the event you choose to include your meals.
Meals are available at Manyatta Rock camp – See Manyatta Rock Camp meals on page 6.
Your personal ranger will ensure that you have sufficient drinks available at camp in the event you have not catered fully for your drinks and can easily arrange for you to be escorted up to one of the bars in the Manyatta Rock Camp.
A good selection of South African wines, cold beers and spirits are available and both your assigned ranger and the bar staff will happily attend to your needs. Our dedicated team will ensure that you have a memorable safari experience at this secluded bush hideaway.
Check in from: 2:00 pm
Check out by: 11:00 am
Internet access point
Driving from Johannesburg
* Take the M12 which becomes the N4 towards Maputo through the town of Nelspruit.
* From Nelspruit drive towards Malelane/Komatipoort (N4)
* You will drive through the Nkomazi Tollgate which is approx 50km from Nelspruit and then to the town of Malelane.
* Drive east on the N4 from Malelane.
* 1km before the town of Hectorspruit take the second turning right onto the R570 towards Jeppes Reef, signposted Kwa Madwala/Low Hills and Inkuba Game Farm.
* Continue for 4.5km till you see a sign for Kwa Madwala and Strydomblok Road on your left
* Turn left and continue for a further 4.5km until you see the Kwa Madwala turnoff on your left clearly visible by the lion’s head logo.
* After 300m you will arrive at the security entrance gate to the Reserve.
* There you will need to pay the conservation fee of R100-00 per vehicle and will be given a map.
* Buses will then drive a further 1.5km of dirt road to the central buses/coaches parking area.
* Private vehicles travel 5km on a dirt road to the guest parking area.
Off street parking free of charge.