1 Loader Street , Cape Town , Western Cape , South Africa View hotel location on the map
In the heart of the historical De Waterkant Village, is De Waterkant House, elegant and discreet, with a relaxed European feel. De Waterkant House is the pride of the village. This beautifully restored 9 – roomed, Cape Georgian Manor House, with terrace and pool, overlooks the village and accessible Table Bay harbour. De Waterkant House is centrally located, minutes from the Cape Quarter Shopping Centre, the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, restaurants, bars and fashionable nightspots. Spend your day at the pool or end it with an aperitif on the terrace and a quiet dinner at a local restaurant, or join in the fun of the pulsating nightlife within walking distance from De Waterkant House.
Early morning coffee and the traditional rusks are served in the privacy of the rooms and on the terrace. With the emphasis on good living, guests can stroll down to the local Village Cafe for a delicious snack where they can enjoy the atmosphere of the neighbourhood or simply read the daily paper. For lunch, guests can sample meals from the Cape Malay culture, such as mutton curry, bobotie or samoosa’s dipped in sweet chilli sauce from one of the many restaurants in the vibrant De Waterkant area. Other places of interest include Origin Coffee Roastery, The Loading Bay and Le Petite Tarte.
Check in from: 2:00 pm
Check out by: 11:00 am
Arriving from Cape Town International Airport
- De Waterkant House is located in De Waterkant, roughly situated between Signal Hill and the Waterfront, between the CBD and Green Point.
- Exit Airport Direction N2 Cape Town, and as you approach the city, follow the N2 CITY, FORESHORE, SEA POINT signage.
- Follow N2 Stad/City signs for 22km¹s until you arrive at the Coen Steytler Avenue traffic lights. The Cape Town International Convention Centre is on your left hand side and the V&A Waterfront on your right hand side. Proceed straight over the intersection.
- Cross over two more intersections and at the third traffic light, Strand Street, turn right.
- Turn into the fourth road to your right, Loader Street.
- Almost immediately, the roads makes a 90 degree turn to the left. 1 Loader is on the corner, on your left hand side.
- Carry on straight until you reach Dixon Street, turn right.
- Take the next turn off right into Dixon Street and then right in Waterkant Street. Check in at The Charles is situated on the corner of Dixon and Waterkant Streets.
Limited parking is available behind De Waterkant House at an additional cost. Parking can also be arranged at Cape Quarter. Both these parking areas are centrally located and within walking distance to the restaurants, activities and attractions.