Av. Hermanos Ayar Mz 1 Lote 3 , Aguas Calientes , Cusco , Peru View hotel location on the map
***PLEASE NOTE *** You will be asked to present your immigration card. If you held Peruvian citizenship or you don't have immigration card you will be asked to pay the 19% VAT
SUMAQ is the only five star hotel in Machu Picchu Town (formerly Aguas Calientes), located only 20 minutes from the Machu Picchu archaeological site. The fine large spaces offer a living experience, representative of the Inca culture.
Sumaq means “a great stay” for those seeking comfort, relaxation and elegance, surrounded by an attentive staff at your disposal while you also enjoy the best Peruvian experience in Machu Picchu.
- Privileged Location: at only twenty minutes from one of the Wonders of the World, with breath-taking views of the mountains and the Urubamba River.
- Passion for service: our employees are the most important ingredient in making Sumaq a warm and friendly place to stay.
- Creative Gastronomy: with the help of one of the top 5 chefs in Peru, Rafael Piqueras, Sumaq promises a unique and innovative cuisine.
- Andean Design: the architecture and the hotel decorative pieces resemble the historic citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Sustainability Support: Sumaq engages employees and guests in its mission to protect the natural and social environment, with the support of Rainforest Alliance organization.
Sumptuous, spacious, and sophisticated - every guestroom at Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel is a luxurious private dreamland where travellers begin and end each day in complete comfort.
Experience mystical indulgence at a Machu Picchu spa, in the five-star ambience of Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel.
Aqlla-Quechua for "chosen one". An apt name for this luxurious spa, where guests shed stress and imbalance, to enter a realm of blissful renewal. Body and soul connect in perfect harmony, in the spirit of the Ancient Inca.
Massage, sauna and hydrotherapy treatments, along with manicure and pedicure salon services, are offered in the sumptuous spa of Machu Picchu’s unique five star hotel. Enter an unparalleled kingdom of Inca luxury, surrounded by soothing sounds and colours, where you will be pampered by our attentive staff.
Check in from: 12:00 noon
Check out by: 10:00 am
Conference room for 60 people with multimedia equipment.
Business centre with 3 computers
Wi-Fi Internet Connection
Cusco - Aguas Calientes - Cusco Trains
- Social train: only for Peruvians submitting their identification cards. International tourists are not allowed to use this train.
- Backpacker: exclusively designed for adventurous travellers who look for comfort as well as safety. The backpacker service has new seats with Inca motifs, giving them a local and indigenous touch as well as offering ample room for your backpacks.
- Vistadome: this is the fastest and most comfortable way to visit Machu Picchu. While travelling, you will enjoy delicious snacks and hot/cold drinks. There are refurbished wagons with panoramic windows, enabling you to enjoy a spectacular view and take wonderful photographs.
- Hiram Bingham: it has 2 wagons with 42 passenger seats and a bar carriage. It has an additional dining car for hot meals. Among the beautiful designs of the carriages, there are wide, comfortable seats and extra-large tables. These carriages are 3 m longer and 30 cm wider than others on the same line and are among the most comfortable in the world.
Sumaq staff will be waiting for you at the train station in order to escort you to the hotel.
Please provide your train schedule.
Cars cannot reach the village.