Not Rated View hotel location on the map
Localita' San Donato 6 , San Gimignano , SIENA 53037 , Italy View hotel location on the map
Fattoria San Donato is a farmhouse and a tiny medieval village set amidst the classic green hills of San Gimignano. Its position also offers a marvellous charming view on this unique town and its surrounding countryside.
The Fenzi family, owners of the farm since 1932, will be glad to welcome you and suggest all the different ways to spend your holidays here.
San Donato is the ideal place for those who are looking for some recreation and relax after a long period work. Encouraged by the rare commodities of peace, tranquillity and natural ingredients, your mind and body will regenerate. The family will be always on the spot to offer you assistance when needed, but they will be very respectful of you privacy and peace.
Here, you can decide to enjoy full-time relaxation: wandering around the green park, lying by the swimming pool and its charming panoramic view or exploring the surrounding area (walking, riding and cycling).
Fattoria San Donato is ideally located in the heart of Tuscany for your daily trips to the most famous Tuscan Art Towns which are all within easy reach (4 km far from San Gimignano, 15 km from Volterra, 35 Km from Siena, 55 km from Florence, 60 km from Pisa and 70 km from Lucca )
Our family will be glad to welcome and offer you all their help to meet your holiday expectations.
Our rooms and apartments, all recently restored, have kept their traditional character and structure intact: wooden-beamed roofs, redbrick floors and wooden doors and windows.
All furnished according to the traditional Tuscan country style “arte povera”, the apartments are simple but suitably equipped to meet your expectations of a nice and comfortable stay.
Each flat has its own indipendent entrance, heating, fireplace with wood and equipped kitchenette. The rooms are wide and adding a spare bed is always possible.
Check in from: 4:00 pm
Check out by: 11:30 am
free internet access and wifi, meeting rooms.
We organize events, weddings etc
highway A1 > take the exit “ VAL DI CHIANA ” and then S.S. 71
• When approaching Siena , follow the signs for “ TANGENZIALE ” and for “ FIRENZE ”.
• Heading towards Florence, get off at "POGGIBONSI NORD" and follow the signs for San Gimignano.
• Once you have reached the white panel reading "CITTA' DI SAN GIMIGNANO" (town of San Gimignano), at the roundabout, follow the sign for Volterra; after about 4.5 Km take the turning on the left to San Donato and, here you are, the farm is right there.
From Bologna / Florence
highway A1 > take the exit “ FIRENZE CERTOSA ”
• Take the freeway Siena-Firenze> get off at POGGIBONSI NORD (do not get off at “ SAN DONATO ” – this is a different village, it is not our farm!) and follow the signs for “San Gimignano"
• Once you have reached the white panel reading “ CITTA’ DI SAN GIMIGNANO ” (town of San Gimignano ), at the roundabout, follow the sign for Volterra; after about 4.5 Km take the turning on the left to San Donato and, here you are, the farm is right there.
From Pisa airport
• pass the sign NAVACCHIO > go on along the Florence-Pisa-Livorno (FI.PI.LI) motorway
• Pass the sign PONTEDERA/PONSACCO and go on till you rich the exit for Pontedera Ovest-Ponsacco
• Pass the sign FIRENZE/LIVORNO/PISA and turn left, keep driving along Sp23 to Ponsacco
• Go on along Ss439 > after about 7Km turn left
• Go on along Sp26 > turn right and go on for about 70mt > turn right and go along Sp26 for about 1.3Km
• Go on along Sp11 > for about 15km and keep going via Castelfalfi
• After about 250mt turn right and keep going along Sp26 for 1km via San Vivaldo to Montaione.
• Go on along Sp65 for 5km
• Turn right and go along Sp4 for 726mt
• Go along Sp62 for aout 2.3km
• Turn left and go along Sp63 for about 650mt
• Turn left and go along Sp69 for about 6km
• Turn left and head towards San Gimignano. Once you have reached town, at the roundabout, follow the signs for San Donato / Volterra, after about 4.5km take the turning on the left to San Donato and here you are at our farm
Free parking place in the farm