385 Palmers Lane , Pokolbin , NSW 2320 , Australia View hotel location on the map
The longhouse is styled on a traditional Australian Woolshed. Cladding timbers come from a 130 year old woolshed in WA. Building is set amongst Chardonnay grapes on a 25 acre vineyard. The Internal spaces are designed to give five star luxury. The use of industrial materials, contrast with the warmth of timber within the building to give it a sleek, modern feel.
Living spaces open up with six metre sliding walls bringing the outside in. Abundance of wild kangaroos hopping around the property, and stunning views to both Barrington Tops and the Broken Back mountain ranges.
There are three units, each designed to suit two couples, with two king-size bedrooms including private ensuites. The building is air conditioned and also has log fires to snug up to in winter.
The building is perfect for groups with a 48m long deck the perfect place to have a gathering of friends or just to watch the sun set.
Bonus is that 100% of the profits from their stay will go toward architectural community aid projects. It was designed and built by Architecture students from around Australia with the immense support and sponsorship by the design and building industry. The project was used as a learning tool to give architecture students the opportunity to get hands on and lean how to construct a building. Profits from the use of the building will go toward funding joint ventures with the students and architectural aid organisations and Universities to lending assistance to community projects both locally and internationally.
The project was run by a group of students know as egresStudio.
Check in from: 2:00 pm
Check out by: 10:00 am
Located at 385 Palmers Lane Pokolbin.
Directions to The Longhouse from Sydney:
- Take the F3, and follow the signs to Cessnock.
- When you come in to Cessnock, turn RIGHT at the first light, this will put you onto Vincent St, the main street. Go to the end of Vincent St. (about 3 intersections) to a T-intersection; veer left at the light, getting into the right hand lane immediately!
- You will now be at another traffic light. Turn right at this light into Wine Country Drive (was Allandale Road). Follow Wine Country Drive for about five-six kilometers past the Information Centre.
- You will cross a small bridge, and travel another 500 meters until you come to BROKE Rd. on your left. Turn left onto Broke Rd. Follow Broke Rd for a couple of kilometers until you come to a T-intersection with McDonalds Rd.
- Turn right at McDonalds Rd. and travel for about two km, and turn left into Palmers Lane. After about one km you will see an entrance to The Longhouse on the left.
On-site parking outside each unit