37 Balfour Street , New Farm , QLD 4005 , Australia View hotel location on the map
Spicers Balfour Hotel, the latest five star boutique hotel to open in Brisbane offers an urban city escape from the daily grind. Whether it’s a corporate trip to Brisbane, a romantic city escape from the kids, or just a cosy, convenient place to come back to after a show, the Balfour is the ultimate city escape.
The hotel is located within heart of the fashionable inner city suburb of New Farm, with the Fortitude Valley & Brisbane CBD on its doorstep. Brisbane’s most renowned restaurants, bars and boutique shopping is all within walking distance, with Brisbane’s Powerhouse and James St precinct located only just down the road.
Rooms, features & inclusions
From the outside, the hotel resembles many of the large and beautiful classic Queenslander homes found in its neighbourhood. Here only 9 rooms each with their own unique design, come together in an eclectic contemporary European design with features, services and facilities you would expect from a leading 5 star hotel and more.
Each room features:
• Queen or King beds (king beds on request)
• Comfortable workstations
• Nespresso coffee machines & milk aerochino’s
• 50 inch LCD TV’s with complimentary foxtel
• Reverse cycle air-conditioning and windows that open to fresh air
• Bose Ipod Docking stations
• Ensuites featuring rainmaker showers and separate baths (Baths on request)
• In room safes
• Designer antique furniture
• 100% cotton sheets with dream bedtoppers
• Complimentary wifi throughout the hotel
Every package offered includes canapés served from 6pm daily from the rooftop bar, continental & a la carte breakfast complete with barista coffee’s, nightly turndown service and parking (subject to availability).
• Onsite parking facilities complimentary for all guests
• High speed Complimentary Wifi throughout hotel
• Business facilities including laptop, printer and secretarial services
• Boardroom for up to 18 guests, featuring state of art AV facilities
• Rooftop bar overlooking storey bridge and city views
• Signature QLD wrap around verandah
• Private courtyards
• Library complete
• Dining room open for breakfast and high tea’s
• Onsite massage room
Dining & Cellar
• Breakfast served daily for in house guests and the public from 7am until 11am. Guests have the choice to dine either in the stylish dining room or out on the QLD verandah. Breakfast includes continental selection complete with fresh bircher muesli's, granola, sliced fresh fruits, pastries, Chef's very own fresh juice of the day, hot a la carte menu & espresso coffees made the way you like them. The dining room also offers
• Royal high tea’s served from 11.30am – 3pm – bookings essential
• Rooftop bar. Offering exotic and delicious beverages that hark back to the golden age of cocktail hour, ranging from the classic aperitifs to vintage champagnes. The rooftop bar is for in house guests only
• Evening dining – The hotel doesn’t cater for evening dining due to its location to some of Brisbane’s award winning restaurants. Restaurants within a 2 min walk include and certainly not limited to Continental Cafe, Ortiga Tapas bar and restaurant, Dell Ugo and many more. In room dining is available and served from 6pm until 9pm daily.
2011 - Tourism Queensland – Winner - Best New Tourism Development
2011 - Tourism Queensland – Winner - Young Achievers Award - General Manager - Matt Simpson
2011 – Australian Tourism Awards – Finalist – Best New Tourism Development
2012 – Restaurant and Catering QLD – Finalist – Best Breakfast Restaurant
2012 – International Hotel Design Awards – Finalist – Hotel under 50 rooms
Check in from: 2:00 pm
Check out by: 11:00 am
Business Travellers are well catered for with all suites offering business desks and chairs, wireless and broadband internet access. All rates and packages include unlimited wireless internet access.
Additionally the Business area is equipped to assist with your business needs away from the office. The area features a PC with high speed internet access and multimedia, printer, fax and photocopier. The Business Centre is accessible 24 hours with secretarial services available upon request.
There is a dedicated boardroom for up to 18 delegates featuring the latest State of the art Audio visual, butler service and can be transformed to a private dining area at the flick of a remote.
From the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast simply take the Gateway Arterial Rd and follow the signs to New Farm.
Private transfers to and from Brisbane airport can be arranged with the hotel direct. Additional charges apply.
Off-street parking is complimentary for up to 5 vehicles with ample on - street parking nearby.Parking is subject to availability.