468 Parkwood Road , Macgregor , ACT 2615 , Australia View hotel location on the map
**Two night minimum for all bookings**
**Ginninderry is an adult retreat and not suitable for infants or children under 16 years**
Want to escape to the countryside? You can't go past the comfort and charm of Ginninderry Homestead (just 15-20 minutes from the heart of Canberra); perfect for couples, a corporate alternative, or group get-together. This exclusive retreat possesses beautifully manicured gardens and unique 4.5 star accommodation (AAA Green Star approved – the regions first!) which evoke another world..
This luxurious homestead, situated on a 70 acre estate, comprises four queen ensuite rooms (Deluxe or Superior) all tastefully decorated with antiques and sumptuous soft furnishings.
Ginninderry offers understated elegance and charm, while providing modern comforts. Chat or doze away in a comfortable chair on the verandah, stroll through the gracious gardens, or relax beside the trickling creek. Enjoy the calm – simply magical…
We have a passion for our oasis and would love to share it with you.
Extracts from the Sydney Morning Herald:
This is surely one of the best places to say in - or just outside - Canberra. The homestead consists of four cosy queen-sized rooms filled with antiques, and the place is run with the efficiency and attention to detail you’d expect of a modest boutique hotel, with facilities to match.
Check in from: 3:00 pm
Check out by: 11:00 am
Wireless internet in all rooms, fax/photocopier available on request, early check-out and breakfast.
Directions once on Southern Cross Drive….
1. Head west along Southern Cross Drive (follow the sun if setting!)
2. We are 4.2km from the roundabout (near the golf course)
3. Southern Cross Drive becomes Parkwood Road: there is no need to turn off until you reach our entrance gate
4. Once the road turns to gravel, our driveway is the first on the right (400m) with the pine trees and picket fence. If travelling at night, you will notice two reflectors offset from the road – this is our gate
5. The property is marked with Ginninderry Park.
6. To enter, press XXXX (provided on booking confirmation) on the touchpad then CH1. The gate will open and close automatically – you will need to use this pin again on your final departure.
7. Our dogs will direct you to the car parking area around the turning circle
8. Proceed to reception through the front door of the Homestead.
Parking available around the turning circle. Undercover parking available for $10/car/night (with prior arrangement).