The DeVere Hotel is situated in Potts Point, Eastern Sydney. Potts Point is a trendy and charming cosmopolitan district overlooking the Elizabeth and Woolloomooloo Bays of Sydney Harbour. It is also flamboyantly renowned for featuring some of Sydney's top restaurants, bistros, cafes, and shops. Kings Cross, a major 24-hour entertainment precinct, is adjacent to Potts Point.
The overwhelmingly favourable comments from DeVere Hotel guests since 1993 and over the decades reflect the exemplary 24/7 personalised service provided by DeVere team. The vast majority of the DeVere staff members are seasoned hospitality veterans, some who have called the DeVere Hotel home for many years. In fact, the DeVere Hotel General Manager was appointed to the position back in 1996. The other DeVere Managers have no less than five consecutive years of DeVere tenures.
Our relations with Sydney City transportation are no less stellar. Buses to Circular Quay and Sydney's Central Station stop at the Hotel's front door. The Kings Cross "CityRail" Train Station is a several minute walk away. Sydney's shopping central, Domain / Botanical Gardens, and Hyde Park are about a 30 minute walk away. Walking to the Sydney Opera House takes several minutes longer.
On behalf of our motto -Simply Comfortable & Affordable Sydney Accommodation, we truly hope you will cherish your stay at the DeVere Hotel, Sydney; Australia. Once again, thank you for the wonderful opportunity for us to serve and share our hospitality with you.
The entire hotel is smoke free.
Check in from: 2:00 pm
Check out by: 10:30 am
* The DeVere Hotel's Bayview Conference Room and Executive Boardroom are located on the top floor with panoramic views of the harbour and city skylines.
* Natural lighting and slide-open double glazed windows enhance the cheerful ambiance of both the Bayview Conference Room and the Board Room. (The latter is physically similar to that featured on "The Apprentice" TV programme - minus Mr. Donald Trump of course!)
* Moreover, the outdoor balcony with barbecue facilities provide a popular alternative for catering.
From the INTERNATIONAL or DOMESTIC TERMINALS at the SYDNEY AIRPORT, MASCOT * Please see recommended routes by TAXI, AIRPORT SHUTTLE BUS, and TRAIN.
From the Sydney CENTRAL STATION * Please see recommended routes by TAXI, BUS, and TRAIN.
By CAR * The DeVere Hotel is at 44 Macleay Street. * Macleay Street is an extension of Kings Cross's Darlinghurst Road.) * Please go to <> and use the "Search Directory" feature to locate the best driving route to the Hotel at "44 Macleay Street, NSW 2011."
By TAXI * Please instruct the Taxi Driver to take you to the Potts Point district. * Potts Point is a northern extension of the Kings Cross district. * Potts Point's notable landmarks include the Ikon Apartments (formerly the Chevron Hotel), the Woolworths Supermarket below the Ikon, and the El-Alamein Fountain (the district 'border' between Potts Point and Kings Cross.)
By BUS * The Sydney Bus 311 from Circular Quay) stops in front of the DeVere Hotel (or across if from Central Station.) * Please board the Bus 311 from any Bus Stop along its routine route from Sydney's Central Terminal / Station to Sydney's Circular Quay.
By AIRPORT SHUTTLE BUS * There are several Shuttle Bus Companies (for instance, KST Airporter, SunBus, Airport Connect, Hotel Express etc.) that offer their services at the Arrival Hall's Shuttle Bus Counter. * Sydney hotel guests can board these Shuttle Buses from the Sydney Airport which literally take their passengers to the front entrance of Sydney hotels. * Shuttle Bus fares are about $ 14.00 to $ 18.00 per adult per single trip. * Discounts may be available for return (2 way) trips.
By TRAIN or SUBWAY (CityRail) * The Kings Cross Train / Subway station - on the Eastern Suburbs line - is the closest to the DeVere Hotel and is about a 4 - 6 minute walk. * From the SYDNEY AIRPORT's International / Domestic Terminal, please board the train to Central Station. Disembark there to board a train to Bondi Junction (the Eastern Suburbs line) and disembark at the Kings Cross Station. * From CENTRAL STATION or TOWN HALL STATION, please board the Eastern Suburbs train line and disembark at the Kings Cross Station.
FROM the DeVere Hotel * The DeVere Receptionists on 24 hour duty will be pleased to advise you on the most effective and efficient method of transportation from the DeVere Hotel to your desired destination.
* Off-site car parking is available to DeVere Hotel guests at King's Cross Car Park on Ward Avenue.
* The Kings Cross Car Park - located behind the El Alamein fountain park - is a few minute walk (about 300 metres away) from the DeVere Hotel.
* Discounted car parking voucher(s) - at $ 25.00 per 24 hours or per exit - can be purchased by DeVere Hotel guests at our 24 hour Hotel Reception. Fees are subject to change without prior notice.
* These parking terms and conditions and rates are subject to availability and change without prior notice.