399 Wylie Creek Road , Liston , NSW 2372 , Australia View hotel location on the map
Luxury and Style
Perfectly situated on a gentle knoll overlooking Curlew Gorge with panoramic views to the surrounding mountains, the Curlew Villa is set in 100 acres of natural sanctuary for complete privacy and tranquillity.
Featuring the very latest in stylish sustainable design, Curlew Villa combines architectural ideas from the modern Queenslander such as Zincalume roof and awnings, a shaded veranda and a sunny deck area with cues from classic Alpine Lodges such as a steep pitched roof which sits snugly over the walls for winter comfort. This blend is ideally suited to the high altitude mountain location.
Made mostly from locally grown Ironbark, the rich natural glow is complemented by the traditional silver of zincalume. These colours reflect the surrounding trees and granite for perfect harmony.
The harmony of design is continued inside, with the silvers of stainless steel contrasting with the natural wood colours of the polished Iron bark floors and natural timber cathedral ceilings with Iron Bark collar ties.
The warm, soft colours featured in the interior decor and furnishings - chocolate, caramel, cream and linen - soothe and calm the soul, while splashes of colour in the stylish artwork and decorations delight the senses.
In the morning the eastern facing expanses of glass capture the first warming rays of the morning sun and open out to the veranda and deck with glorious 180 degree panoramic views of the forested mountains to the north, the Curlew Gorge to the east and rolling hills to the south.
Relax in the shade of the veranda with a glass of wine and a listen to the tinkling of water as it flows over granite boulders in the gorge. Or the calls of Kookaburras, Mountain Larrys and the many other bird species.
In the late afternoon, prepare a BBQ on the veranda or a gourmet meal in the fully equipped epicurean kitchen with gas appliances, while watching the lengthening shadows over the valley below. Spot the kangaroos which come out to graze. Enjoy a glass of your own wine or select one of the local quality wines from the mini-bar.
By night view the star-studded clear mountain skies with startling clarity due to the lack of light pollution, the 800 metre altitude and the low humidity climate.
More than expected
Some luxuries are expected, others may surprise you, Curlew Retreat offers a standard of luxury rarely experienced on the Granite Belt. See the sidebar for a complete list.
- Complimentary gourmet starter pack featuring local provisions including Local Arabica coffee, Twinings tea selection, UHT long life milk, Mt Stirling Olives Tapenade, Eagle Produce's Half Moon Shortbread, Water Crackers
- Super-spacious floor plan with lots of room to relax with an extra-large bathroom
- Stylish up-to-the-minute decor and rich furnishings
- Sumptuous queen size bed with doona, crisp white linen and electric blanket
- Log fire for romantic evenings
- Reclining spa bath for two overlooking the stunning view
- Superb automatic espresso coffee machine with complimentary local coffee beans
- Spacious veranda/deck with barbeque, outdoor setting and sun-lounge
- Epicurean Caesar stone bench tops, with a full-size fridge with ice/cold water dispenser
- Stainless steel appliances including microwave, dishwasher, range hood and 4 burner gas hob
- State-of-the-art 42" (106cm) widescreen High Definition plasma television
- DVD player with 5.1 home theatre sound system including inputs for iPod/MP3 player and complimentary use of Curlew's extensive DVD movie and relaxation CD library
- 2.5 person sofa, ottoman, coffee table and dining setting
- Fine china
- Stainless Steel kettle and toaster
- Large stainless steel rimless shower with luxury shower hose and rail
- European tap ware and fittings
- Aromatherapy toiletries, oil burner and candles
- Fluffy towels, bath sheets and luxury bath robes
- Laundry with washing machine, dryer, tub, iron and ironing board.
Check in from: 2:00 pm
Check out by: 10:00 am
High speed Internet, colour printer and Skype cordless phone.
Curlew Retreat can be reached in three ways, all of which can be comfortably travelled in a normal car. Each route has some good quality gravel sections ranging from 4 km to 19 km depending on the route.
From the New England Highway
1.Drive to Thulimbah. Turn left at the Vinzenco's onto Maryland Road. There is a Big Apple outside. Drive 3 km east.
2.Turn left onto Wylie Creek Road and drive east for 12 km.
This route has 15 km of unsealed, but good quality, road. It is the quickest route from Brisbane.
From Stanthorpe, via Mount Lindesay Road
1.Drive east on Amosfield Road.
2.Turn left onto Mt Lindesay Road and drive north.
3.Turn left onto Wylie Creek Road and drive west for 4 km.
This route has 4 km of unsealed road. It follows a very scenic route.
From Killarney, via Mount Lindesay Road
1.From Killarney drive south on Main Road.
2.At Legume, turn right onto Mount Lindesay Road and drive south.
3.Turn right onto Wylie Creek Road and drive west. Curlew is 4 km along.
This route has 19 km of gravel road.
There is carport accommodation for 1 car. There is unlimited additional uncovered car accommodation.