Not Rated View hotel location on the map
144 Wakefield Street , Adelaide , SA 5000 , Australia View hotel location on the map
Are you looking for a hostel:
- where you feel welcome to relax and just hang out if you want a break?
- where there are activities so you can meet people and make new friends?
- where you don’t feel as though you are putting your hand in your pocket every 5 minutes
- where the staff are happy to give you free advice about what to do in Adelaide (not just sell you an expensive tour)
Backpack Oz is a family owned and operated business that enjoys a great reputation - and not just from the free Wednesday night dinner and daily happy hour with $3.50 beers!
* Highly recommended by thousands of past guests (consistently rated top 10 in Australia by hostelworld guest reviews)
* All rooms and common areas have A/C
* Kitchens and bathrooms cleaned daily (and we mean really clean - check the ratings!)
* Fantastic city location - walk to premier café/pub districts, Central Market and CBD
* Free WiFi 24/7
* Free pick ups/drop offs to bus and train station (not airport)
* Free quality Wednesday BBQ dinner – not just a sausage in white bread!
* Well trained and helpful staff who really want you to enjoy your stay and make the most of Adelaide
We hope you choose to stay with us and leave with fond memories of both Adelaide and Backpack Oz.
Sam, Penny & Tom Twelftree
Rated No.9 Hostel in Australia as voted by Hostel World customers 2010
Best Backpacker Night Out in South Australia, Golden Backpack Awards 2010
Rated No. 3 Hostel in Oceania 2009 as voted by Hostel World customers
Rated No. 2 Hostel in Australia 2009 as voted by Hostel World customers
Best Backpacker Night Out in South Australia, Golden Backpack Awards 2009
Finalist Best Backpackers in South Australia, Golden Backpack Awards 2009
Finalist Best Backpackers, South Australia Tourism Awards 2009
Finalist Best Backpackers, South Australian Tourism Awards 2008
Best Backpackers night, Golden Backpack Awards 2008
Finalist Best Hostel in South Australia, Golden Backpacker Awards 2008
No. 3 Hostel in Oceania 2007 Hostel World
Top Rated Hostel 2007 Hostel World
Best Backpackers in South Australia, Golden Backpacker Awards 2007
Accredited Tourism Business
PLEASE NOTE PLEASE NOTE PLEASE NOTE
- Reception is open from 6.00 am till 10.00 pm. You must check in prior to 10.00 pm or we can not accept your booking.
-Must have valid photo passport or drivers license required
-Please be as accurate as possible with your arrival time as we will re-sell your room after 5 hours of proposed arrival time.
Check in from: 12:00 noon
Check out by: 10:00 am
Bus and train transfers may be available at certain times of day and generally for guests staying 3 nights or more - please enquire in advance.
We are 1.1 km from the bus station. From the bus station, head 100m up Bowen St and turn left into Grote St. We are 1km down the road on the left hand side (just past the fire station) - a 20 minute walk or $7 in a taxi.
From the train station we are 3.5km away which will be about $12-14 in a taxi.
Backpack Oz is about 7km from the airport, and this will cost about $18-25 in a taxi. We do not offer airport transfers but there is an airport shuttle that will drop you at Backpack Oz for $10.
There is free on street parking between 6pm and 8 am