1 Corlette Point Road , Corlette , NSW 2315 , Australia View hotel location on the map
THE ANCHOR LIGHT is a 4.5 STAR Bed & Breakfast at Corlette Beach in Port Stephens. Contemporary and casually elegant, The Anchor Light provides accommodation in the style of a high-end boutique hotel.
Guests at The Anchor Light tend to be older couples enjoying a quiet break and the following addresses the most common questions that we receive.
THE ANCHOR LIGHT:
* Is independently rated 4.5 STAR by NRMA / AAA Tourism;
* Was purpose built in 2005 and designed to be quiet and peaceful and to provide a high level of privacy;
* Is not an English-style B&B - Our guest rooms have private entrances, kitchenettes and private breakfast areas;
* Tariff includes a self-catered breakfast of cereals, preserved fruits, yoghurt, juice, tea and coffee;
* Is not located on the waterfront - There is a row of houses and public access paths between us and Corlette Beach;
* Is a 1-minute walk from Corlette Beach and a 3-minute walk from Peppers Anchorage Resort and Marina;
* Does not have a pool;
* Guest rooms are serviced daily with fresh towels supplied every second day;
* Floors are tiled, i.e., no carpet;
* Guest rooms do not have toasters or microwave ovens; and
* Does not take back-to-back bookings - This allows us to clean and maintain our guest rooms to a very high standard.
* The Anchor Light is not suitable for Schoolies;
* The Anchor Light is not suitable for children or babies - See "The Anchor Light Beach House" for families with children;
* Guests are required to sign a standard hotel Registration Form and also to provide a Visa or M/C imprint at Check In;
* Sporting equipment, e.g., SCUBA gear, surfboards, wetsuits, fishing rods, bicycles, eskies, are not to be stored or brought in to Guest Rooms;
* The Anchor Light is a Non-Smoking property;
* Health regulations do not allow pets; and
* Fire regulations do not allow cooking and BBQs.
Corlette Beach is the best sandy beach in Port Stephens. And it is only 2 1/2 kilometres from Nelson Bay - the epicentre of tourism and holiday apartments at Port Stephens - but still far enough away from the commerce and holiday crowds to relax and unwind.
Corlette Point Road is a quiet No-Through road that runs for 200 metres behind the beach down to Corlette Headland Reserve and Peppers Anchorage Resort & Marina. It is generally considered to be the most desirable address in Port Stephens.
It takes about 1-minute to walk from The Anchor Light to Corlette Beach, 3-minutes to Peppers and about 45-minutes to walk along The Waterfront Path to Nelson Bay.
Corlette Beach is a 35-minute drive from Newcastle Airport and a 2 1/2 hour drive north of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
The Anchor Light was purpose built in 2005 and it is new and very modern. It was designed for a high level of privacy and guests choose whether, or not, to interact with staff and each other.
Our focus at The Anchor Light is on quality not quantity, for example, Sealy Posturepedic mattresses and Sheridan bed linens and bath towels.
And because we don't take back-to-back bookings we are able to clean and maintain our property to a very high standard.
All Guest Rooms have private entrances and Deck & Garden Areas that look out onto landscaped lawns and gardens. The north-facing Deck & Garden Areas are designed for privacy and morning sunshine and include a teak table and two (2) chair setting.
Guest Rooms also have a Kitchenette that includes a 120-litre refrigerator; plates, bowls, tumblers and cutlery; wine glasses and cooler, facilities for making tea and coffee and a breakfast table and two (2) chairs.
THE STUDIO SPA ROOM
The Studio Spa Room is very generously sized at 45 SQM and includes a private entrance, queen-sized bed, ensuite Bathroom, Reading Area, Kitchenette and a private Deck & Garden Area.
The Bathroom has a shower and toilet, pedestal basin and a two-person corner spa bath. The Reading Area includes a tub chair and ottoman, standard lamp, floor rug, 2-person sofa and a coffee table.
Please note that there is one (1) Studio Spa Room only at The Anchor Light.
THE STUDIO ROOM
The Studio Room is generously sized at 35 SQM and includes a private entrance, queen-sized bed, ensuite Bathroom, Reading Area, Kitchenette and a private Deck & Garden Area.
The Bathroom has a shower and toilet and pedestal basin. And the Reading Area includes a tub chair and ottoman, standard lamp and a floor rug.
The Anchor Light is built on a level site and there are only two steps and no steep hills to climb. And our northerly orientation ensures that we receive plenty of sunshine during the cooler months - A great time for a whale-watch cruise or to explore the nearby Hunter Wine Region.
Off-street parking is available and the surrounding garden wall provides privacy for our guests and their vehicles. And the masonry construction of The Anchor Light helps ensure that our guests enjoy both peace AND quiet.
Check in from: 3:00 pm
Check out by: 10:00 am
High speed WiFi internet is available. Please note that charges may apply.
To print a driving map go to our website. Take the F3 Freeway North towards Newcastle. Turn right onto the Pacific Highway where the F3 ends at the Beresfield roundabout and follow the Brisbane/Newcastle/Taree signs for (5.1) kilometres to Hexham Bridge. Turn left onto Hexham Bridge, cross the Hunter River, and travel for (10.4) kilometres, through the roundabout at Heatherbrae, to the Richardson Road/Raymond Terrace/Nelson Bay exit.
Take the Richardson Road/Raymond Terrace/Nelson Bay exit off the Pacific Highway and then the third exit from the roundabout that is under the highway onto Richardson Road. Travel for (15.0) kilometres along Richardson Road to the roundabout on Nelson Bay Road (Rte. 122) at the Mobil Petrol Station. Turn left onto Nelson Bay Road and follow the signs toward Nelson Bay for (22.8) kilometres to the roundabout on Salamander Way at Nelson Bay. You will pass through two roundabouts at Anna Bay - DO NOT TURN - stay on Nelson Bay Road.
Turn left at the roundabout onto Salamander Way and travel for (0.9) kilometres to the next roundabout. Turn right onto Bagnall Beach Road and travel for (0.4) kilometres to the next roundabout. Turn left onto Sandy Point Road and travel (2.0) kilometres to Corlette Point Road. The Anchor Light is on the corner of Sandy Point Road and Corlette Point Road. Reception and parking is on the left off Sandy Point Road.
Peppers Anchorage Port Stephens is also on Corlette Point Road and 200 metres from The Anchor Light. The blue signs in-place around Port Stephens showing "The Anchorage Resort & Marina" will direct you to Corlette Point Road and The Anchor Light.
Please access parking from Sandy Point Road and the driveway that is closest to the corner.